Patterned Paper Featuring Large Design Elements
I am a paper junky! I love patterned paper. I collect it, frame it, display it, work with and cover stuff with it. Ok so I really, really love patterned paper. Now that we have that confession out of the way I have another confession.
Go Wherever The Wind Blows Layout
How do you use patterned papers with large design elements on them effectively? You know the kind where you are too scared to use the paper because you can’t cut it up or add numerous photos because you always end up losing a part of that beautiful design – the very reason you bought that piece of paper. Yes you know exactly what I mean!
I have found that by embracing the design itself you can effectively create ‘white space’ on your project but at the same time filling it with pattern and colour. For this specific layout I used the Glitz Happy Travels “bicycle” paper. Instead of using the entire sheet I simply trimmed it down smaller thus adding the focus on the bicycle. But this left too much emptiness even for me at the top so I arranged different elements together to create a beautiful layered cluster of embellishments. This also offered me the opportunity to add my title here using different elements like chipboard letters and stickers.
The bicycle design itself is so beautiful but quite flat, so I added some beautiful Prima blooms and diamante to create dimension.
- The colouring on my photos was not perfect for the colouring of the beautiful Glitz Happy Travels paper range so I had to make a plan. The photos with my niece in – sporting a beautiful purple t-shirt just wasn’t going to work so I simply changed them to black and white. By combining black and white photos with coloured photos further interest is added to the layout.
- AC Cardstock Kraft
- AC cardstock Coffee
- Simple Stories Fabulous Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers
- Simple Stories Fabulous Sweet Patterned Paper
- BasicGrey Konnichiwa Pagoda Patterned Paper
- BasicGrey Konnichiwa Layered Stickers
- Glitz Happy Travels Bicycle HT 3692
- Glitz Happy Travels Acrylic Stamps
- Glitz Happy Travels Planes HT3654
- Glitz Happy Travels Cardstock Stickers Titles
- Glitz Happy Travels Peek-A-Boos
- Teresa Collins Fabrications Linen
- Prima Flowers
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- VersaMagic Dew Drops
- Glue Dots ½” Pop Up dots