The pressure of being creative is real and sometimes the best thing you can do is to just have fun. So the other day I had some fun using a piece of cardboard and some goodies on my table.
I created this beautiful plaque using a piece of Kraft board, texture paste and All-Purpose Inks.
Apply a thin layer of texture paste using a palette knife. Apply the paste and then thin it out onto the board in a thin smooth layer with some texture here and there.
While the paste is still wet, insert some chipboard elements and leave to dry. The paste will dry and act as an adhesive for the chipboard elements.
Once the paste is dry, use 3 colours of All-Purpose Inks to add colour. Use a pipette to drip the colour onto the board and then mist with water. Let the ink swirl around until the entire background is coloured. Leave to dry completely.
Emboss a chipboard word in gold embossing powder and adhere it to the plaque overlapping the flowers encased in the texture paste.
TIP: add some ribbon to the top and hang it somewhere, or position it on an easel as a decorative element. Just have fun as you explore and play and use some of that beautiful stash you are hoarding.
- C8 MB2519 Beautiful You Matt Board Mini – Beautiful
- C8 MB2518 Beautiful You Matt Board Mini – Beautiful You
- TEP-301 Tsukineko Embossing Powder 1oz – Gold
- TAPI-033 All-Purpose Ink – Rose Pink
- TAPI-058 All-Purpose Ink – Sky Mist
- TAPI-091 All-Purpose Ink – Black Iris
- TVM-001 VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
- ADCO 724869 Anna Griffin Texture Paste – White Finish (250ml)
- LPPB0003 Lady Pattern Paper Kraft Essentials Plain Cardstock Pack