Creating quick and elegant cards for the Festive Season using my GoPress and Foil machine is one of my go-to techniques this year. But with the addition of the new Cut, Foil and Emboss Dies things are getting a whole lot more exciting. Take a look at how I created this card in a few easy steps with this die set.
Place the dies face up on your metal adapter plate and switch on your machine to heat the dies. Remember to close the lid while the machine heats up.
Once the green light comes on, the dies are heated. Cut a piece of foil and place it face down onto your dies.
Place the medium you are cutting face down onto the foil.
Close the lid and then let it heat up again for a minute or so. Because you have had the lid open to place everything down, it seems to cool down a bit so you need to just get things a bit more toasty in there. Then place your entire base platform into your GoCut machine and slowly roll it forward and backwards.
Remove the platform and open it up to reveal your beautifully cut, embossed and foiled elements.
Create several elements to use on your project.
Adhere the elements to the front of a card base using Tombow glue. I only add a few drops so that part of the element is still loose – this adds some interest.
Use foam tape to add an element from your First Noel Collectables pack. Add a few splashes of gold ink and some diamante to finish off your card.
These foiled elements are so elegant and make for amazing card embellishments – standing the test of time in the classic department.
- ADCO 725904 Lavish Ballroom Cut, Foil and Emboss Die – Young Stems
- ADCO 725032 Couture Creations GoPress and Foil
- ADCO 724824 Couture Creations GoCut and Emboss
- ADCO 725355 GoPress Heat Activate Foil – Gold (Vintage Matte Finish) – 125mm x 5m
- LPPHC0015 Lady Pattern Paper hello CARDS (A6 Blank Cards & C6 Envelopes – 20 Each)
- DANT3721002 Anita’s Gemstone Wheel – Gold and Silver Gems
- TB-PT-MTC-10P Mono Multi Liquid Glue