For most people travelling is a big part of their lives – for me personally I think I love travelling more than most people but don’t get to do it often. So when the opportunity arises I want to capture those special moments in an equally special way.
This is what I did with these photos from way back when – I was lucky enough to go on a cruise and visit the islands off the African coast. The photos were never really scrapped in a decent way and when I first saw the new All Aboard range of Papermania (docrafts®) products I knew it was time to revisit some older memories. The colours and designs on this range of products are so versatile – ready and willing for any travel related photos to be scrapped beautifully.
Here’s how I completed my Papermania All Aboard layout[custom_list type=”dot”]
- Cut the map patterned paper measuring30.5 x21cm (12×8¼ inches).
- Cut a strip from the travel notes lined paper measuring10 x25.5cm (4x10inches)
- Cut a strip of the multi-coloured luggage and camera paper measuring 6.5×30.5cm (2.5x12inches).
- Take 2 postcards /labels from the label pack to be used. These will be trimmed to fit later. They roughly measure 2.5 inches on the left side and the remainder measures 1 ¼ inch on the right side.
- Adhere the map paper 5cm from the right hand edge and overlapping 5cm onto the left hand page.
- Adhere the lined paper towards the left of the map paper flush with the edge of the map paper and vertically centred.
- Adhere the long multi coloured strip flush with the ledger paper and flush with the top and bottom edges of the background.
- Now trim the postcard/labels short to fit into the space on the left and adhere the cut off pieces on the right side of the map paper on the opposite edge. Refer to measurements at the top.
- For the left side of your layout matt 3 landscape photos measuring 5×3 inches (13×7.5cm) onto brown cardstock and adhere the photos as per the sample. These photos are positioned 9.5cm from the left edge and centred from the top and bottom edges.
- *TIP – To add the ribbon clips to some of the photos, I used pop dots behind the photo matts of those photos to raise them slightly so that the paper clips can easily be added. To keep them in place you can add a small glue dot behind the ribbon once you are happy with the positioning.
- Matt the 2 portrait jumbo photos onto craft cardstock and then onto brown cardstock. For the jumbo photo on the left I matted the photo onto the craft cardstock and then angled it slightly before adhering it onto the brown cardstock matt.
- To join the 2 pages together visually I used some of the beautiful All Aboard printed craft tape and tore different pieces overlapping them across the centre of the layout. This pulls your eye across the entire page visually.
- To finish off my layout I cut the aeroplane from the left-over piece of travel notes paper, added some buttons and some old vintage postage stamps.
- On the right side of my layout I cut the top part of the travel notes paper off and added it at an angle to resemble a piece of journaling paper hidden behind my map paper.
- I repeated the ink splats and coffee stains found on the travel notes paper by diluting some Mister Huey ink and dripping it onto the page using a large paint brush.
- Remember to add a title, journaling but above all to personalize your layout to suit you.
PS – Please feel free to copy this layout using the Papermania All Aboard Range of products – we would love to see how you interpreted the layout to make it your own.
- Papermania All Aboard Travel Labels (24 Piece) [DPMA157189]
- Papermania All Aboard 12×12 Paper Pack (32 Pack) [DPMA160143]
- Papermania All Aboard Ribbon Clips (15 Piece) [DPMA356100]
- Papermania All Aboard Patterned Craft Tape (3 Piece) [DPMA462200]
- AC Cardstock (12×12 Textured) – Rocky Road [AC NATURALS 71466]
- AC Cardstock (12×12 Textured) – White [AC NEUTRALS 71081]
- Mister Huey’s Colour Mist – Classic Tan [AC 101102]
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue [TB 62191]
- Therm-O-Web – Zots 3D 200 [TW 3786]