It’s the month of love, and we are celebrating with the gorgeous new goodies from Celebr8. With all those new chipboard goodness I am always looking for a new way to dress up my elements that is quick and easy – something not too complicated!
So this time around I was excited to see how the new inks and paint would work on these chipboard elements, and needless to say I was over the moon with joy! I love the outcome.
I created this ‘love’ themed layout of my brother and beautiful sister in law. This was the perfect photo to team with the gorgeous Celebr8 heart chipboard element.
Here’s how I coloured my heart:
Mix pink Milk paint with luke warm water in a plastic cup. I use a small mixer to make sure that the powder mixes really well with the water to form a nice thick paint. Lightly paint one layer onto the chipboard and leave it to dry completely. Once dry paint another layer for a nice solid coverage.
For the top half of the layered chipboard, I used Poppy Red All-purpose ink to paint my wording. The inked worked really well and gave a solid coverage first time around – no need to go back and paint another layer. The ink also sat on top of the matt board element, as opposed to soaking in it and disappearing like some inks do.
Leave other elements to dry really well before adhering them to each other, and then to your project.
Quick and easy without any fuss, there you have a valentine scrapbook layout – just the way I like it!
- C8 MB2152 Layered Chipie Midi – You are Loved
- AC 400408 Milk Paint Bottles – Pastel Pink & Light Blue
- TAPI-014 Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink – Poppy Red
- KCPK493 XO 12×12 Paper Pack
- AC NEUTRALS 71793 AC Cardstock 12×12 Smooth – White
- AC NEUTRALS 71766 AC Cardstock 12×12 Smooth – Black
- AC REDS 71029 AC Cardstock 12×12 Textured – Crimson
- DXCU503263 Xcut Dies – Love Icons (15 Pieces)
- AC 380064 Project Life Collection Pack – Cinnamon (24 Sheets)