I love resist techniques in all kinds of forms – the stunning effect never seems to get old. So this time around I used my Anna Griffin Gloss Finish Texture Paste to create a fun resist effect.
You will need a stencil, your gloss paste, a palette knife and a piece of paper preferably patterned to create the resist on. I used a sheet of old book paper.
Apply a layer of paste through the stencil and leave to dry completely.
Once the paste is dry, I used my All Purpose Inks to add colour to the background and to show the resist. Lightly mist your paper with water, then add small drops of API with a pipette onto the water and watch as the ink spreads and moves around the resisted areas.
Add 2 more colours for a bright and beautiful effect. Some colours will work better than others.
On this piece of old book paper with the image printed on, I used the same stencil and Anna Griffin Gloss Texture Paste, then added API and then also blended some other colour inks on top. I quite like how the effect turned out, something totally random but I can see myself turning this piece of art into something else as well.
So happy accidents and intentional techniques are always a fun combination. And this resist effect is going to be a firm favourite for many years to come.
Why not try this for yourself!
- ADCO 724868 Anna Griffin Texture Paste – Gloss Finish (250ml)
- TAPI-018 All-Purpose Ink – Ultramarine
- TAPI-022 All-Purpose Ink – Spring Green
- TAPI-090 All-Purpose Ink – Banana Cream
- TMD-400 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Rose Bud
- TMD-301 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Rhubarb Stalk
- Other: Stencil: Jowilna Nolte; Palette knife; book paper