Rethink the possibilities
The Curio is more than a cutting machine—it’s where precision engineering meets cutting edge innovation. Curio allows you to harness the power of five stunning, creative functions.
Double your creativity
Like to multi-task? So does the Curio. Complete two tasks in one pass with its dual carriage. Just mix and match with our full selection of blades, pens, and specialty tools.
Curio raised the bar. Literally.
More clearance means more options. The Curio’s 5mm clearance allows you to etch, sketch, or cut on new project palettes. Think wood, foil, leather, foam, and even metal.
Part of what makes the Curio compatible with thicker materials is its adjustable base with removable platforms. Just add or remove platforms to accommodate different material.
The Curio’s deep-cut blade allows for your deepest cuts yet. Its sintered tungsten alloy is composed of super fine powder for extra durability.
Make your mark
Create beautifully etched metal with the Curio’s etching tool to customize jewelry, charms, home décor, mixed media art, and more.
The Silhouette Curio™ hobby machine is the perfect complement to Silhouette’s other cutting tools. Simply connect the Curio to your PC or Mac with the included USB cable and use the included software, Silhouette Studio®, to design your project. Then send your project to the Curio to put your signature style on countless DIY projects. Curio is the perfect machine for DIYers that love to diversify their creativity.
With Curio you can:
- Create beautifully etched metal (stippling/etching tool sold separately)
- Embellish foils and metals with unique stipple patterns (stippling/etching tool sold separately)
- Sketch intricate, multi-colour designs
- Create one-of-a-kind stippled ink projects (sketch pens and felt tip pens sold separately)
- Cut custom designs out of paper, card stock, vellum, vinyl, fabric, stencil material and more
- Cut or sketch fonts already installed on your computer
- Add embossing or debossing textures to soft papers, vellum and other delicate materials
- Use unique materials as project surfaces such as woods, canvas, metals, and more
- Register and cut printed materials (Print & Cut feature)
Curio is driven by powerful Silhouette Studio® software as well as the Silhouette Design Store, a marketplace of over 70,000 ready-made designs available for purchase. Find the perfect design, resize and customize the design for your project, or design your own from scratch using hundreds of design tools in the powerful Silhouette Studio® software.
The Curio is the only machine that can unlock the stippling, etching, debossing, embossing and dual carriage features in Silhouette Studio® design software.[one_third]
What’s in the box:[custom_list type=”dot”]
- Silhouette Curio™
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. base (includes four platforms)
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. cutting mat
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. embossing mat
- Fine embossing tool
- Wide embossing tool
- 50 exclusive designs
- South African approved AC adapter
- USB cord
- Silhouette Studio® Software
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you want to learn more about what the Silhouette Curio can do or need to troubleshoot a problem Silhouette has an in-depth FAQ section which is full of answers to the most common queries.
Do you carry Silhouette accessories & consumables?
Where can I buy Silhouette products in SA?
What is the price of the Curio?
I have more questions about Curio?
I have a troubleshooting question, what do I do?
Crafters, DIYers, Home Designers and all round makers use Silhouette products for scrapbooking, card making, home décor, and other projects. Buy your Silhouette Curio in South Africa here »