I hope that this year is going to be filled with amazing adventures and blessings. Each year right in the beginning I struggle to remember to write the correct date – does this happen to you? So this year I thought of a clever little reminder that I can keep on my desk and at a quick glance I am always reminded of the New Year.
I started off by using a chipboard circle frame and built a wreath style element on top of it, here’s what I did…
With a Prima leaf die cut several leaves out of smooth white AC cardstock. I used quick release paper with this die and kept those leaves to use in my project as well.
Mix some 3D matte gel with silver glitter and cover the chipboard circle in a layer of the thick paste using a palette knife. Press the cardstock and release paper leaves into one side of the wreath in a fan shape. Add more matte gel to the tips of the leaves if you need to make them adhere.
Leave the gel to dry completely. Mist the entire circle and leaves using Color Bloom spray in “tea stain”, then leave the spray to dry thoroughly.
Add some more matt gel to the section where the leaves are grouped together, then sprinkle some gold AC micro beads onto the gel. Shake off the excess beads and return them to your container. Let the gel dry completely.
Add more matt gel and sprinkle with Mica flakes and leave the gel to dry. Spray the entire project with another layer of Tea Stain Color Bloom and leave to dry.
Decorate the wreath with some coloured ribbon, flowers, patterned paper and of course a date to act as a reminder.
Here’s wishing you a year filled with lots of creativity! Why not create your own Prima Art Mediums 2015 reminder wreath?
- Prima Art Mediums – PM 961398 Finnabair Art Basics 3D Matte Gel
- Prima Art Mediums – PM 961596 Finnabair Art Ingredients Glitter Set
- Prima Art Mediums – PM 961725 Finnabair Art Ingredients Mica – Mulberry
- Prima – PM 573836 Color Bloom Spray – Tea Stain
- Petaloo – C1101-100 Botanica Mini’s – White
- Ultimate Crafts – ULT 157149 Quick Release Die Paper
- Cuttlebug V2 [PC 2000293]
- Ribbon, Marion Smith Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Prima Cutting Dies, AC Alphabet Stickers