Convenience and creativity go hand in hand and with today’s time being a luxury it makes sense. So when Couture Creations released their new 3-in-1 sets of embossing folders, die-cuts and stamps it made so much sense.
Creatively these sets are perfect for creating beautiful handmade cards and elements for your scrapbook layouts in a single setting without having to search for things that match each other. I made a couple of cards this week using the new 3-in-1 sets and simply loved how easy it was. I could stamp the beautiful images, emboss them and then add some die-cuts too as focal point elements on my cards.
I used the scroll pattern stamp and stamped the image in black VersaFine onto smooth white cardstock. I then used the embossing folder to emboss the image and add some dimension to it. To add colour to the black and white stamped image I used a combination of greens and pink ink pads and a small paint brush to paint directly onto the image. A small strip of patterned paper, buttons and washi tape finish off the background. As a focal point I added die-cut the butterfly three times in different scraps of paper and layered them on top of each other.
Stand by Me Card
I love using bits and pieces on my projects so the Pattern embossing folder set is sure to be a firm favourite. For this card I used one of the wide border stamp and then embossed it using the matching embossing folder to add some texture. The beautiful rosette stamps was stamped onto pink patterned paper and cut out and finished off with some buttons. The stamped sentiment is part of the stamps and included in the sets so it makes it extra convenient having everything at hand.
Beauty of Love Card
For this card I used a plain piece of white cardstock and added some Mister Huey inks to add colour randomly. Once the ink was dry I ran the cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the Pattern embossing folder. The embossing folder was inked with a matching turquoise ink pad before embossing the cardstock and the ink transferred onto the cardstock leaving light blue shading. The ink highlighted the embossing even more. A stamped rosette on pink paper was matted onto a white cardstock circle. A stamped sentiment from the same set is used to finish of the card.
These cards are so easy to make simply because I had everything at hand in one easy set. These 3-in-1 sets are sure to be a firm favourite in my stash – easy and convenient with exquisite designs.
- Couture Creations – Dream Boat 3-in-1 Set – Floral (Embossing Folder, Cutting Die & Clear Stamp) [ADCO 723403]
- Couture Creations Dream Boat 3-in-1 Set – Pattern (Embossing Folder, Cutting Die & Clear Stamp) [ADCO 723404]
- Tsukineko – Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – New Sprout [TMD-704]
- Tsukineko – Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Cottage Ivy [TMD-701]
- Tsukineko – VersaFine Ink Pad – Onyx Black [TVF-82]
- Teresa Collins – Family Stories Double Sided Paper – Family [TC FS1007]
- Mister Huey’s Colour Mist – Pretty Pink [AC 331083]
- Mister Huey’s Colour Mist – Sunset [AC 331048]
- Mister Huey’s Colour Mist – Water Cooler (Aqua) [AC 331019]
- Simple Stories – Vintage Bliss 6×6 Paper Pad [SS 3001]