The versatility of punches is clearly visible once you start playing around with them in your projects. But when I first saw the KnockOuts Border Punch Value kits I was totally sold. I love the way you can have a single base punch and interchangeable snap punch and wing sets that you can change as your mood changes.
You can buy a kit or several snap punches that are sold separately and build your own collection as your crafting needs change and evolve or as your budget allows. These punches are great value and excellent quality and will make for interesting texture and patterns on your cards and layouts.
Noteworthy KnockOut Card
For this card I used 3 different border punches together on a single card. I punched the borders on different patterned papers and then overlapped them onto each other to create a dimensional effect. These punches are perfect to add interest to your paper scraps and they in return can be used to create stunning projects that are frugal and stunning.
How does your KnockOuts punch set work?
The punch base is sold in a kit form with a selection of 6 different border punches that can be changed around using a single base. The punches consist out of 2 matching wing guides and a punch. Slide the wing guides into the base and then the punch in the middle. Insert paper into the punch and press down to punch the shape. Slide the paper down and line up the punched edge to the guides and punch again, keep going until the entire border has been punched.
- Never punch thick cardstock or paper with your punch as it may get stuck, jam and even damage the punch.
- To maintain your punch and sharpen the edges punch through tin foil to sharpen the edges.
The advantages of the KnockOuts Border Punch sets are that they can be stored without being bulky like many traditional punches – you need one base and the actual punches can be kept neatly and compactly in a drawer, shelf or box.
- AC KnockOuts Border Value Kit 2 [AC 63014]
- AC Cardstock (12×12 Textured) – White [AC NEUTRALS 71081]
- POW! Glitter 12×12 Cardstock – Black Dots [AC 71598]
- Kaisercraft – 75 Cents Collectables [KCCT743]
- Kaisercraft – 75 Cents Double Sided Paper – Dime[KCP1039]
- Kaisercraft – 75 Cents Double Sided Paper – Penny [KCP1040]
- Kaisercraft – 75 Cents Double Sided Paper – Tuppence [KCP1044]
- Kaisercraft – Timeless Bird Cage Clear Stamp [KCCS800]
- Therm-O-Web – Zots 3D 200 [TW 3786]