I love creating interesting effects using my ink collection. One of the things I love using is bleach. And even more exciting is the fact that all dye inks can be bleached to create amazing effects.
Let’s take a look at home amazing the end result is.
Use four colours of dye ink to blend a piece of white cardstock. I used a selection of Memento Ink colours.
Stamp images onto the blended background using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
To add some highlights to the images I used bleach (Jik) and painted selected areas on my stamped image.
The bleach bleaches out the dye ink on the background to a lighter colour, and even changes to a different colour in certain areas.
The finer details:[custom_list type=”dot”]
- Only once the bleach dries will the end effect be visible
- The more bleach you add the lighter the ink will become
- Use a synthetic paint brush to paint your bleach with – the bleach will burn away natural bristles on good quality paint brushes
- Bleach can be used on any dye ink as well as plain coloured cardstock
- Each colour of ink and cardstock will bleach to a different colour for a stunning end result
- TMD-704 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – New Sprout
- TMD-703 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Pear Tart
- TMD-501 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Lilac Posies
- TMD-504 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Lulu Lavender
- TVF-82 VersaFine Ink Pad – Onyx Black
- DCE907113 Creativity Essentials A5 Clear Stamp Set – Meadow